file "Elvis Music FAQ: All That's Left to Know...."

Mehr
23 März 2013 20:06 #881626 von DumbAngel
"Elvis Music FAQ: All That's Left to Know...." wurde erstellt von DumbAngel
Mike Eder's neues Buch:

(FAQ). Why is Elvis Presley's body of recorded work still so relevant nearly 60 years after he began recording? Elvis Music FAQ is for anyone who has been inspired by an Elvis Presley record. Following in the tradition of the FAQ series, in Elvis Music FAQ , a lot of rare information is woven together in one concise, entertaining package. There are chapters about every year of Elvis's career, including a look at his pioneering original record label Sun; insight on his management; the continued importance of television in his career; a summation of each Presley concert tour; the inside scoop about the role Elvis's band members and songwriters played in his sound; stories about the amusing musical oddities created by those trying to ride on the Elvis success train; details about the contentious role drugs played in his career; and, finally, a full review of every record the King ever issued. One might say that the only truths about Elvis Presley can be found in the grooves of his records, where his natural talent and passion for music comes through always. Elvis Music FAQ aims to be the one essential companion that explains the reason why the voice heard over the speakers still carries such resonance. Dozens of rare images accompany this engaging text.

Erscheinungstermin: 15.10.2013
Quelle: Amazon.com

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Mehr
16 Apr. 2013 22:03 #883782 von DumbAngel
New Book 'Elvis Music FAQ' - Some Details: Author Mike Eder, who has contributed to JAT and the Elvis Files books, will have his first book out later this year "Elvis Music FAQ: All That's Left to Know About the King's Recorded Works".
EIN members have asked us for some more details about this book and what it entails. Here EIN asks author Mike Eder some preliminary questions..

EIN: How long have you been working on the book?

Mike Eder: I was signed late fall 2011 upon my submission of an outline and sample chapter. I began my main period of work at the start of 2012. The text was finished last December and I am now doing the very final editing, photo placement, etc.

EIN: How will the book differ from Ernst Jorgensen's 'A Life In Music' book?

Eder: Being that I respect his work, and also knowing that most fans have read it, I decided to try to make it as different as possible.
His work was done hands on, and mine was done through being a hard core fan for 31 years. Much of the book is my take on Elvis' records issued during his lifetime, my only real goal being an attempt to find some balance when assessing Elvis the artist and human being. This isn't going to be a whitewash, but I made it my goal to write about Elvis' issues with some open compassion.
Along with the records, I also cover every major career event such as films, tours, sessions etc. I put the importance back on what Elvis himself tried to
present as an artist. I am a pretty independent thinker when it comes to music so I can guarantee my take on his career differs from those published before. I was also as meticulous as possible on getting the facts correct.
Actually if any book influenced this one it was Robert Matthew-Walkers seminal 1978 "Elvis Presley : A Study In Music". He praised songs or knocked them as he saw fit. There were no sacred cows, nor were there any songs beyond redemption. The format of my book is completely different in both style and opinion, but his success at thinking about Elvis independently from others was an inspiration if you will.

EIN: What 'Inside scoops" can fans expect?

Eder: I own more than 400 books on Elvis. and set myself the goal of not copying any previous style or conclusions. There are enough unique items in the book to keep the hard core fan interested, and both they and more casual Elvis listeners will find a lot together in one place. Whenever I could I discussed facts and subjects I hadn't seen in other books. When that was not possible I tried to focus on things not covered elsewhere in enough detail. On top of that I think it still covers all the basics.

EIN: Colonel Parker, good or bad?

Eder: Parker never went about things the way I would have. Even the 1955 RCA contract should have had an addendum permitting Sam to continue recording Elvis. Yet placing my own instincts aside, I must admit he was very astute in the fifties. That goes especially where television was concerned. If I were Elvis I would have fired him upon hearing the "G.I. Blues" demos or at very least when I saw he wasn't going to let me tour.

- Elvis Music FAQ aims to be the one essential companion that explains the reason why the voice heard over the speakers still carries such resonance. Dozens of rare images accompany this engaging text.
Paperback, 400 pages. Backbeat Books - Out October 15, 2013.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Quelle: www.elvisinfonet.com/

Mehr
17 Apr. 2013 02:56 #883800 von Circle G
Klingt erst einmal nicht ganz uninteressant, auch wenn ich mir momentan noch nicht so recht vorstellen kann, wie das dann am Ende aussehen wird. Bei amazon.com kann man das Buch derzeit für ca. 13 Dollar plus Porto vorbestellen. Für den Preis kann man eigentlich nicht allzu viel falsch machen. Ich werde das auf jeden Fall im Auge behalten und sollte ich nach Erscheinen keine niederschmetternden Kommentare lesen (in Anbetracht dessen, was ich mir von dem Buch erhoffe), werde ich mir das Teil sicher zulegen. Wobei mir die Bemerkung über Parker etwas bitter aufstößt, aber wenn der Rest brauchbar ist ... :devil:

Mehr
20 Apr. 2013 16:41 #884025 von DumbAngel
Das Buch erscheint in derselben FAQ-Reihe wie letztes Jahr auch schon das sehr gute und informative über die Beach Boys. Ich kenne Mike Eder (der übrigens auch schon an einem Beach Boys Buch sitzt) durch regelmäßigen Email-Kontakt schon einige Jährchen und weiß, dass er wirklich einen eigenständigen Blick auf die Dinge hat und nicht nur anderen nach dem Mund redet. Bei Parker teilen sich die Meinungen immer recht schnell; ich habe auch eine andere Sicht auf ihn. Aber Eder ist glücklicherweise in der Lage seinen Standpunkt durch Argumente zu erklären. Ich hoffe auf ein schönes Buch, das man auch mal nicht Fans/Insidern empfehlen kann und einen Blick auf Elvis und seine Arbeit wirft.

Mehr
26 Sep. 2013 17:40 #886835 von DumbAngel
Hier nun das ganze Interview mit Mike Eder zum neuen Buch. Im Oktober wird es veröffentlicht.

www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_mike_eder_Elvis_Music_FAQ.html

Mehr
26 Sep. 2013 18:45 #886837 von Earth Boy
Das könnte genau mein Buch sein. Ich habe zwei Bücher, die einen Teil seiner Songs besprechen, aber die sind alles andere als komplett.

Mehr
02 Okt. 2013 23:17 #886942 von DumbAngel
Übrigens gerade auf Platz 1 bei amazon.com im musikbezogenen Bereich gewesen!

Sollte eigentlich in ein paar Wochen auch in Deutschland erhältlich sein, aber amazon.de hat noch Ende November stehen...

Mehr
08 Okt. 2013 13:56 #886964 von Harty
heute bei Amazon de über einen Zwischenhändler bestellt

Mehr
09 Okt. 2013 20:22 #886972 von DumbAngel
Cool! Meine kostenlose, signierte Ausgabe wird auch demnächst losgeschickt :freak:

Mehr
07 Nov. 2013 19:30 #887218 von DumbAngel
Habe heute das Buch erhalten! Und überraschenderweise fand ich sogar meinen Namen in den Danksagungen :blush:

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.