file Me And A Guy Named Elvis

Mehr
16 März 2009 14:28 #882118 von Charles
Me And A Guy Named Elvis wurde erstellt von Charles

ISBN: 9781608125548ISBN: 9781608125548Am 28.03.2009 erscheint das Hörbuch von Jerry Schilling und Chuck Crisafulli "Me And A Guy Named Elvis" bei Playaway. Gelesen wird es von William Dufris und ist komplett in englisch.

Ankündigung des Verlages:
"In 1954, at age 12, Schilling first met fellow Memphis homeboy Presley, a 19-year-old truck driver "a year out of high school and less than a week into a recording career that carried no guarantee of turning into steady work." He provides a fascinating view of Memphis in the late '50s, but most of his memoir is from after 1964, when he officially joined the retinue of friends-the "Memphis Mafia"-that served as Elvis's surrogate family.

While this thoroughly enjoyable book deftly describes his many adventures with Elvis and other notables, including the Beatles, Ann-Margret, the Beach Boys and Billy Joel, the heart of it is his many observations of Elvis's inner exploration. Unlike the rest of Elvis's posse, Schilling was liberal in his musical and racial views, and he shared Elvis's spiritual hunger "for a sense of meaning and purpose."

Schilling provides the most detailed account yet of the sometimes comical LSD trip he took with Presley, and he poignantly observes the "disappointment and frustration" Elvis felt about his Hollywood movies. Overall, Schilling's heartfelt narrative makes this more than just another piece of Elvis product. (Aug.) Copyright 2006 Reed Business Information."

Quelle: Verschiedene

„Zeit, die man zu verschwenden genießt, ist nicht verschwendet.“ —  John Lennon

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.