file Beach Boys Boxset "Feel Flows"

Mehr
27 Sep 2020 12:40 #942146 von DumbAngel
DumbAngel antwortete auf Beach Boys Boxset "Feel Flows"
Noch ein bisschen von Howie Edelson, um uns den Mund wässrig zu machen. Leider steht zu befürchten, dass das Set nicht veröffentlicht wird, wie oben geschrieben. Mal abwarten.

The amount of unreleased and alternate material assembled is major -- beautiful work from ALL members of the group. Everyone shines on this thing. It's Abbey Road-Beach Boys -- and would ABSOLUTELY be lauded for being just that.

The current assembly features a good 25 minutes of Dennis Wilson's POOPS/HUBBA HUBBA material -- to lose that would truly be a sin (and, obviously, a colossal sales deterrent.)
I know from my liners alone -- drawing from both new interviews and others culled from chats with the band on this material over the past 15 years -- the story of this era breathes new life into the brand.

Knowing from you all what EVERYBODY wants from this collection -- I really can't see how this set could be improved, if altered.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Mehr
27 Sep 2020 18:33 #942150 von DumbAngel
Ich habe Howie mal gefragt, ob er mit seiner Nachricht andeuten will, dass es an Dennis' Material liegt, dass sich die Veröffentlichung hinzieht. Hier seine Antwort:

Just to me clear, the holdup over this box set is NOT "because of the Dennis Wilson material."

That is NOT why the project isn't out.

That said, the killer sh*t that a) you really want and b) will solidify sales, and garner the band major serious press for this era (barring a fetish fanzine) could very well be lost.

I mentioned the POOPS/HUBBA HUBBA material to underscore the brilliance and span of ALL the band on this set.

Jon Stebbins fügte bei:

What Howie is communicating is that the set which has been meticulously curated by the right people is in danger of being revamped by what are potentially the "wrong people" (my words not his), and the Dennis Wilson material is a great example of what could be lost should this revamp occur. By sharing that the DW "solo" material is indeed included in the submitted version of the set he's revealing how truly comprehensive it would be if left as is. The alarm is that it may not be left as is.

Mehr
29 Sep 2020 15:11 #942165 von DumbAngel
Die Beach Boys im Film | Blow up | ARTE

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Whitehaven

Mehr
19 Okt 2020 20:21 #942852 von DumbAngel
Die Stimmung im Beach Boys Lager ist definitiv nicht gut. Möglicherweise kommt daher die Verzögerung des Feel Flows Set

Brian Wilson, Al Jardine Disavow Donald Trump’s Beach Boys Fundraiser

www.yahoo.com/entertainment/brian-wilson...savow-134620204.html

Mehr
28 Okt 2020 18:17 #943199 von DumbAngel
Positive Neuigkeiten von Howie Edelson:

Things are good. It's moving forward.

Mehr
30 Okt 2020 07:44 #943235 von Rider
Rider antwortete auf Beach Boys Boxset "Feel Flows"

DumbAngel schrieb: Positive Neuigkeiten von Howie Edelson:

Things are good. It's moving forward.

Mal ehrlich: ist das nicht total frustrierend, wenn man sich an einer Sache abmüht, die so offensichtlich niemanden interessiert?

Mehr
16 Nov 2020 19:09 #944058 von DumbAngel
Hm, von einem Poster auf dem Endless Harmony Board:

I guess the implication was lost on the last page, but apparently I have the green light to say it now: according to a reliable source (someone who works at Capitol), the group were approached about doing another reunion album earlier this year. Brian and Al both flat-out said no.

Mehr
22 Nov 2020 16:34 #944319 von DumbAngel
Howie Edelson schreibt:

FEEL FLOWS is alive, well, and thriving.
No one will be disappointed.

Und ob hier schon was gelekt ist?

www.allmusic.com/album/1970-release-mw0003450792

Klingt auf jeden Fall geil!

Mehr
23 Nov 2020 10:54 #944329 von DumbAngel
Al Jardine just called in live to Billy Hinsche's show on Facebook and said that the Feel Flows box set will be released in May or June of 2021.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rider

Moderatoren: mahony01Earth BoyHarty
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.