file Dokumentation über Brian Wilson's Solojahre

Mehr
03 Dez. 2018 15:10 #916606 von DumbAngel

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Mehr
03 Dez. 2018 19:49 #916619 von DumbAngel
Beach Boys Legend Brian Wilson Being Chronicled in New, ‘Definitive’ Documentary

variety.com/2018/music/news/brian-wilson...Zi02pXnVUrXiT7BS4d1M

Mehr
28 Feb. 2019 22:22 #918779 von DumbAngel
Um keinen neuen Thread eröffnen zu müssen:

Mehr
25 März 2019 19:51 #919421 von DumbAngel
Dieses Poster wurde im SmileySmile Forum gepostet.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Mehr
25 März 2019 19:53 #919422 von Earth Boy
Ich mag das Plakat, welches den jungen und den alten Brian gegenüberstellt.

Mehr
27 März 2019 12:56 #919440 von DumbAngel
New Brian Wilson Documentary Poster Released

The official poster for the upcoming Brian Wilson documentary has been posted online. The artwork shows a 1966 Wilson at a recording studio mixing board superimposed next to a modern day photo of the Beach Boys genius. The film, which is in post-production now, was directed by Brent Wilson — no relation — and features Brian Wilson talking at length with Rolling Stone editor Jason Fine, with appearances by Bruce Springsteen, Elton John, Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins, Jakob Dylan, Bob Gaudio, and My Morning Jacket's Jim James, among others. The title of the movie comes from the Beach Boys' 1971 track “Long Promised Road,” which was written by Wilson's youngest brother Carl Wilson, and was re-recorded by Wilson for the new film.

Back in December, Brian Wilson spoke about the project to Rolling Stone, saying, “It felt like a good time to look back. I have so many memories in L.A. of growing up, all the good times with my band — we were just kids when we started, and of course memories of my brothers Dennis and Carl, who I miss so much. Over the years Jason and I have had a lot of fun times — just relaxing and listening to music, talking at the deli and cruising down to Malibu for sushi, so we got into that groove to make this movie. I hope it shows people the love I feel and the hope I have to share love through my music.”

Guitarist Blondie Chaplin’s early-‘70s tenure with the Beach Boys coincided with the beginning of Brian Wilson’s infamously dark and reclusive period. But Chaplin — who now tours and records with Wilson — maintains that when it came to music, Brian Wilson was not only able to thrive, but transcend any personal issues outside of the studio: “Whenever he showed (up) in the studio, he was hands-on. I loved that fact when back in Holland, on the Holland (album) sessions — on ‘Funky Pretty’ — he was the one who came in there, got the voices together, and ended up giving, like a rough mix. And okay, everybody got nervous because he pushed everything (in the mix) to the max of what it sounded like and the mixing of the voices. I thought it was fantastic! But the other guys got a little bit nervous just about him being so loose with then sound and they tapered it back. But when he was involved and he came in there, it was always a gas and it always made me go: ‘Well, that’s the way it should go, ‘cause he’s hearing it this way.'”

www.srqfm.com/music-news/new-brian-wilso...ary-poster-released/

Mehr
07 Mai 2019 16:34 #920264 von DumbAngel
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Earth Boy

Mehr
06 Juni 2019 17:14 #921145 von DumbAngel
Ohoh, hoffentlich wird er wieder fit.

Brian's June Tour Dates Postponed: Read Brian's note:

Dear friends,

It is with great regret that I need to postpone my upcoming June tour.

It is no secret that I have been living with mental illness for many decades. There were times when it was unbearable but with doctors and medications I have been able to live a wonderful, healthy and productive life with support from my family, friends and fans who have helped me through this journey.

As you may know in the last year or so I’ve had 3 surgeries on my back. The surgeries were successful and i’m physically stronger than i’ve been in a long time.

However, after my last surgery i started feeling strange and it’s been pretty scary for awhile. I was not feeling like myself. Mentally insecure is how I’d describe it. We're not sure what is causing it but i do know that it’s not good for me to be on the road right now so I’m heading back to Los Angeles.

I had every intention to do these shows and was excited to get back to performing. I've been in the studio recording and rehearsing with my band and have been feeling better. But then it crept back and I’ve been struggling with stuff in my head and saying things I don’t mean and I don’t know why. Its something i’ve never dealt with before and we cant quite figure it out just yet.

I’m going to rest, recover and work with my doctors on this.

I’m looking forward to my recovery and seeing everyone later in the year.

The music and my fans keep me going and I know this will be something I can AGAIN overcome.

Love & Mercy,

Brian Wilson

Mehr
30 Juni 2019 19:58 #921952 von DumbAngel
Ich habe mir jetzt endlich die Love & Mercy DVD geholt und den Film mal wieder gesehen (bisher hatte ich ihn nur im Kino geschaut). Immer noch sehr beeindruckend, was hier geleistet wurde. Und die herausgeschnittenen Szenen sind ebenfalls toll und können nur aufgrund der Filmlänge entfernt worden sein. Beide, Paul Dano und John Cusack, liefern eine hervorragende Leistung ab, jeder auf seine eigene Weise. :up:

Mehr
31 Juli 2019 11:34 #923184 von DumbAngel
Brian Wilson ‘Feeling Much Better,’ Looks Forward to Tour

Singer heads back on the road next month after postponing dates due to feeling “mentally insecure”

www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/br...resumes-tour-865134/

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.