file Phil Everly gestorben

Mehr
04 Jan. 2014 14:42 #888388 von DumbAngel
Phil Everly gestorben wurde erstellt von DumbAngel
Eine Hälfte der Everly Brothers, der jüngere Bruder Phil ist gestorben

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

• Vincent-The-Falcon
  • Vincent-The-Falcons Avatar
  • ECB-Mitglied
  • ECB-Mitglied
Mehr
04 Jan. 2014 14:47 #888389 von Vincent-The-Falcon
Vincent-The-Falcon antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Der hat auch mal zusammen mit James Burton aufgenommen.

Mehr
04 Jan. 2014 15:33 #888392 von Roqui
Roqui antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Der ist auch mal zusammen mit Achim Menzel aufgetreten:

Niemand hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu errichten!

Mehr
04 Jan. 2014 16:19 #888395 von Donald
Donald antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben

Rock-A-BillyMafia schrieb: Der ist auch mal zusammen mit Achim Menzel aufgetreten:

Ah, sieh an. :supi:

Mehr
04 Jan. 2014 23:22 - 04 Jan. 2014 23:29 #888401 von DumbAngel
DumbAngel antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Don Everly hat das hier zu sagen:

"I loved my brother very much. I always thought I'd be the one to go first. I was listening to one of my favorite songs that Phil wrote and had an extreme emotional moment just before I got the news of his passing. I took that as a special spiritual message from Phil saying good-bye. Our love was and will always be deeper than any earthly differences we might have had. The world might be mourning an Everly Brother, but I'm mourning my brother Phil Everly. My wife Adela and I are touched by all the tributes we're seeing for Phil and we thank you for allowing us to grieve in private at this incredibly difficult time."

Und das hier kommt von A-Ha:

‘SERENDIPITOUSLY INTERTWINED’
…i’ll do my crying in the rain.

the world of music has lost one of its signature voices.
phil everly has passed away.

from the musical legacy of the everly brothers we knew growing up in norway, to the personal encounters with phil and don around the world many years later…

from the beautiful guitars they generously gave us for xmas one year in the late 80s, to ‘crying in the rain’ – the song we recorded as a tribute to them, but which became a hit for us too, thus reminding us with every show we subsequently played…

whilst musical generations apart, the everly brothers and a-ha somehow became serendipitously intertwined.

early on our relationship to the everly brothers was perhaps chiefly that they had been a main source of inspiration for one of our own main sources of inspiration; the beatles.

later on, a much more personal and interesting bond was forged through the relationship the everlys had with terry slater. terry was previously a bassplayer for the everly brothers back in the 60′s, a very close, longstanding friend of phil’s…and then went on to become a-ha’s first manager.

through their close friendship, we were given some early glimpses into a world to come: our first ever visit to the backstage dressing-rooms at the royal albert hall (the everly reunion concert in 1983), our first ride in a limousine after a concert through a crowd of devoted fans outside, and so on…

many a night on a tour bus somewhere, we would sit and listen to terry tell stories about life on the road with the everlys, and i still remember a word of wisdom evidently originating from phil and don’s father, which went something like this: ‘you can break two sticks, one after the other – but hold them together and they cannot be broken.’

now a big branch has fallen, but together or apart each of the everly brothers contributed to a musical oevre which continues to inspire, fascinate and comfort new generations of music lovers around the world.

we were lucky enough in our lives to know phil everly a little bit, and we hope some of his wry sense of humour and generous nature has rubbed off on us all.
his sweet voice will be sorely missed.

our thoughts go to patti, jason, chris, and the rest of the everly family-tree.
r.i.p. phil.

lots of love
from a-ha
Letzte Änderung: 04 Jan. 2014 23:29 von DumbAngel.

Mehr
06 Jan. 2014 15:47 #888432 von BS3095
BS3095 antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Wie in der gesamten Presse und auch im Internet wird Phil mit Don verwechselt.
Die ganzen Fotos zeigen immer Don. Auch die o.a. Videos mit Achim Menzel und Dean Read zeigen nur Don.
Offensichtlich gab es kein aktuelles Foto von Phil.

Mehr
06 Jan. 2014 16:58 #888433 von Laser-Freak
Laser-Freak antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben

BS3095 schrieb: ... Auch die o.a. Videos mit Achim Menzel und Dean Read zeigen nur Don.

Aufgetreten (und dies gleich mehrfach) ist Reed aber mit Phil.

Mehr
06 Jan. 2014 17:16 #888434 von BS3095
BS3095 antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Stimmt, habe mich geirrt.

Mehr
06 Jan. 2014 19:22 #888439 von DumbAngel
DumbAngel antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben

BS3095 schrieb: Wie in der gesamten Presse und auch im Internet wird Phil mit Don verwechselt.

Habe ich bisher noch nicht gesehen. Habe aber auch nicht jeden Artikel betrachtet.

Mehr
06 Jan. 2014 20:04 #888443 von Roqui
Roqui antwortete auf Phil Everly gestorben
Kann mir jemand eine Best Of empfehlen?

Momentan tendiere ich zu:

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Niemand hat die Absicht eine Mauer zu errichten!

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.