file The Big Beat 1963 - Offizielles Beach Boys bootleg

Mehr
11 Dez. 2013 15:01 #887822 von DumbAngel
Geile Sache!

www.examiner.com/article/brian-wilson-s-...miner_alerts_article

In the tradition of the Bob Dylan Copyright Extension Collection (2012), Capitol Records is releasing a special digital-only collection titled THE BIG BEAT 1963 on Tuesday, December 17. The new compilation features a collection of rare Beach Boys and Brian Wilson recordings from 1963. Most of these tracks have appeared on bootlegs and collector’s tapes over the years, but none have ever had a commercial release.

Recent EU copyright extension legislation states that if a recording is not officially released within 50 years of its creation, it will automatically fall into the public domain at the beginning of the 51st calendar year. If the recording is released, the copyright protection is extended for another 20 years. Columbia Records fired a preemptive strike In late 2012 by issuing a very limited-edition set of 86 previously unreleased songs, demos, and alternate takes recorded in 1962 — and is set to do the same with Dylan's 1963 outtakes. This same legislation has also prompted Apple/Capitol to release an expanded collection of the Beatles’ BBC Recordings, as well as a just-announced digital-only set of outtakes entitled THE BOOTLEG RECORDINGS 1963 (also due on December 17).

For THE BIG BEAT 1963, Endless Summer Quarterly CEO  Lee Dempsey contributed several songs from his private collection. Dempsey said, "I received a call from Alan Boyd asking if I might have the acetates — or at least low-generation source tapes — for a number of rare tracks that have made the collector's tape-trading circuit since the 1980's. Specifically he and Mark [Linett] needed good sources for 'You Brought It All On' and 'Make the Night A Little Longer,' two rare Honeys tracks, as well as Brian's 'Gonna Hustle You' demo. I don't have the original acetates for those, but hopefully I was able to improve on their sources a bit. I sent them several versions from different tapes that I've obtained over the years.

"At the same time I asked Alan and Mark if they had any interest in including 'Rabbit's Foot' (instrumental track and Honeys backing vocals) on the compilation, as I believe I have the only surviving acetate of it. I've shared it with a few people, and I've played it at several Beach Boys conventions, but I've been waiting for the proper official venue for wider distribution — such as a Brian Wilson anthology or rarities compilation. With the threat that one of Brian's earliest productions to use the Wrecking Crew might fall into the public domain, I figured now's the right time for the public to hear it.

"Also a couple of years ago I was able to get in contact with Vickie Kocher — now Victoria Hale — who was an acquaintance of Brian and Bob Norberg back in 1963. Victoria has the only known acetate of "The Summer Moon," which is a duet between her and Norberg sung to the track of "The Surfer Moon." It's been Victoria's dream for 50 years for it to be officially released, so I got Alan and Mark in touch with her. They arranged for Victoria to hand-carry her acetate to a professional mastering studio in order to make a digital transfer."

As of Tuesday, December 10, the track listing for THE BIG BEAT 1963 had not been finalized.

Here's a list of songs reportedly being considered for the set:

1- THE BIG BEAT (Bob & Sheri)
2- FIRST ROCK AND ROLL DANCE (instrumental)
3- GONNA HUSTLE YOU (Brian & Bob Norberg demo)
4-FUNNY BOY (The Honeys)
5- RIDE AWAY (Bob & Sheri, Brian & The Honeys)
6-MARIE (Bob Norberg & Brian)
7-MOTHER MAY (Beach Boys?)
8-I DO -DEMO (Beach Boys)
9-BOBBI LEFT ME (unfinished backing track)
10-I'LL NEVER LOVE AGAIN (Brian & Gary Usher) -DEMO
11-YOU BROUGHT IT ALL ON YOURSELF (The Honeys)
12-MAKE THE NIGHT LAST A LITTLE LONGER (The Honeys)
13- RABBIT'S FOOT (unfinished - The Honeys)
14-THE SUMMER MOON (Bob Norberg & Vicki Hale)
15-SIDE TWO (instrumental)
16-BALLAD OF OLE BETSY- (demo track)
17-THANK HIM (Brian demo)
18-ONCE YOU'VE GOT HIM (Honeys demo)
19-FOR ALWAYS AND FOREVER (Honeys demo)
20-LITTLE DIRT BIKE (Honeys demo)
21-DARLING I'M NOT STEPPING OUT ON YOU (Honeys demo)
22-WHEN I THINK ABOUT YOU (Honeys demo)

©2013 David M. Beard / All rights reserved
COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: If you would like to use any portion of this article, please email requests to esqeditor@esquarterly.com.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.