file Neue Brian Wilson Autobiographie!

Mehr
16 Apr. 2013 19:13 #883770 von DumbAngel
Neue Brian Wilson Autobiographie! wurde erstellt von DumbAngel
Hoffen wir, dass es dieses Mal auch wirklich eine "Auto"biographie ist und nicht sowas wie beim letzten Buch.

Beach Boys, to Write Long-Awaited Autobiography Da Capo Press to Publish in Fall 2015
April 14, 2013

BOSTON, MA (April 15, 2013) - Da Capo Press, a member of the Perseus Books Group, announced today that it has acquired US rights to publish the autobiography of music legend Brian Wilson. Da Capo Executive Editor Ben Schafer made the acquisition from Marc Gerald, Head of the US Literary Division of the Agency Group.

“I’ve been working harder in the last ten years than I ever did in my whole career,” Brian Wilson says. “And I love it! I love working. I started the Beach Boys when I was still in high school, and I guess I’ve never spent too much time thinking about all the things we went through—all the good times and bad times. I don’t like to dwell on the bad times, it makes me sad in my heart. But I feel a little stronger now. And I’m feeling a little bit like maybe now is a good time to look back.”

As the chief songwriter and producer of the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson has been making music for over fifty years—and during that time has recorded some of the most iconic songs in American rock. Pet Sounds, Wilson’s masterwork from 1966, was named the #2 best album in rock history by Rolling Stone. Inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1988 and the recipient of a Kennedy Center Honor in 2007, Wilson most recently recorded the critically acclaimed That’s Why God Made the Radio with the Beach Boys and joined the group for their worldwide 50th anniversary tour in 2012. In February of this year he received a Grammy Award for Best Historical Album for The SMiLE Sessions.

For his memoir Wilson will be working with Rolling Stone and Men’s Journal editor Jason Fine. Wilson will describe, for the first time, the epic highs and lows of his life—from his tumultuous relationship with his father, the loss of his mother and brothers, his fears about live performance, and the struggles he faced to lead the Beach Boys away from surf music into experimental terrain to his remarkable personal and professional comeback from drug addiction and mental illness with the support of his second wife, Melinda. He will share a new level of emotional honesty never before expressed in earlier books about him.

John Radziewicz, Publisher of Da Capo Press, says: “On every level—musical, personal, cultural—this is a story that begs to be told. ‘Icon’ and ‘legend’ are frequently overused words, but they apply perfectly here. We’re thrilled to have Brian Wilson on the Da Capo list.”

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Mehr
16 Apr. 2013 20:00 #883771 von Earth Boy
Earth Boy antwortete auf Neue Brian Wilson Autobiographie!

DumbAngel schrieb: Hoffen wir, dass es dieses Mal auch wirklich eine "Auto"biographie ist und nicht sowas wie beim letzten Buch.

Dr. Landy lebt ja nicht mehr, sodass von der Seite keine Einflussnahme zu erwarten ist. :up:

Mehr
14 Apr. 2016 15:03 #897954 von DumbAngel

Mehr
16 Apr. 2016 12:46 #897966 von Earth Boy
Ich bin gespannt! :up:

Mehr
18 Apr. 2016 22:53 #897990 von DumbAngel
DumbAngel antwortete auf Neue Brian Wilson Autobiographie!

Earth Boy schrieb: Ich bin gespannt! :up:

Die Spannung wird hierdurch sicherlich noch gesteigert:

www.penguin.com/book/good-vibrations-by-...hirsch/9780399176418

Mehr
19 Apr. 2016 00:52 #897994 von Earth Boy
Auch wenn du es möglicherweise ironisch gemeint hast, so freue ich mich auch auf Loves Buch.

Mehr
19 Apr. 2016 19:46 #898001 von DumbAngel
Das war schon ernst gemeint. Es wird interessant, beide Bücher zu vergleichen. Gemessen an den Interviews der letzten Jahre und besonders auch dem Rolling Stone Artikel über ihn, gehe ich davon aus, dass bei Mike extrem viel geheult wird und er als Mastermind und gleichzeitig Opfer dargestellt wird. Aber ich lasse mich auch gern überraschen.

Mehr
19 Apr. 2016 20:05 #898002 von Earth Boy
Hier wird schon mal eine Prognose gewag t, welchen Tenor Mikes Autobiographie haben wird. Ich halte die Vermutung nicht für abwegig, so wie ich Mike Love aus Interviews in Erinnerung habe.

Mehr
19 Apr. 2016 20:22 #898004 von DumbAngel

Mehr
29 Juli 2016 16:50 #899383 von DumbAngel
Brian Wilson Preps Concert Set Featuring Al Jardine, Guests
fun's Nate Ruess, Kacey Musgraves, She & Him, Capital Cities' Sebu Simonian will feature on CD/DVD, Blu-ray release 'Brian Wilson & Friends'

www.rollingstone.com/music/news/brian-wi...rdine-guests-w431148

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.