file Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku

Mehr
17 März 2010 17:04 #775434 von DumbAngel
Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku wurde erstellt von DumbAngel
Ende Februar wurde eine hoch gelobte Doku über das interessante Leben und letztendlich tragische Ende von Beach Boy Dennis Wilson (der mittlere der drei Brüder) ausgestrahlt. Momentan kann man sich auf dem chinesischen youtube die 1-stündige Doku ansehen. Wie lange das on bleiben wird, weiß ich nicht. Glücklicherweise wurde das Hauptaugenmerk tatsächlich auf Wilson gelegt und nicht auf die Beach Boys und die, der Band eigenen, Legende. Vom Surferleben zu den Beach Boys, über Charles Manson, Drogen, Sex, dem großartigen Solowerk, Karen Lamm, Christine McVie und der kurzen Ehe mit der unehelichen Tochter seines Cousins (Beach Boy Mike Love) wird alles angeschnitten. Man besucht auch wichtige Schauplätze aus Wilson's Leben, etwa das Dock, in dem er ertrunken ist.

<a href=' v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU2MzkxMjAw.html ' target='_blank'>Dennis Wilson - The Real Beach Boy

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

• Danke / Thanks
  • Danke / Thankss Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
17 März 2010 17:04 #775439 von Danke / Thanks
Danke / Thanks antwortete auf Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku
1 Mitglied sagte bereits Danke!

<a href=http://www.elvisclub.de/forum/index.php?showuser=830>Earth Boy

Mehr
12 März 2017 19:22 #901842 von DumbAngel
DumbAngel antwortete auf Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku
Eine Episode "Autopsy" hat Dennis Wilson zum Thema bzw. seinen Tod

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Beach Boy Dennis Wilson’s Death Examined On Upcoming Episode Of ‘Autopsy’
MUSIC NEWS March 10, 2017 ,

Autopsy: The Last Hours Of. . . Dennis Wilson will air on the Reelz network on March 18th at 8:00 p.m. The special examines Beach Boy Dennis Wilson’s premature death at age 39, following years of substance abuse issues. Wilson’s autopsy report is examined by forensic pathologist Dr. Michael Hunter — with Wilson’s life discussed by Beach Boys co-founder David Marks, Wilson’s partner and best friend Ed Roach, and biographer Jon Stebbins. Check your local listings for stations.

Beach Boy David Marks grew up across the street from Brian, Dennis, and Carl Wilson in Hawthorne, California and shed light on what Dennis was like in his formative years: “Well, Dennis, everyone loved Dennis because he. . . he always made people feel like they were special. No matter who you were, or whatever. Y’know, the bum on the street — Dennis made him feel special. But on the other hand, you never knew what to expect from him. He could, just at the same time, punch you in the stomach for no reason. But, usually, he would beat kids up for a reason. He usually had a reason, y’know? And most of the time it was protecting Carl and me from, y’know, bullies. That’s when he usually stepped in to fight.”

Dennis Wilson drowned on December 28th, 1983, in Marina Del Rey, California just weeks after his 39th birthday.

www.wxhc.com/?p=26013

Und für jeden, der sich nochmal mit diesem großartigen Musiker beschäftigen will, hier die BBC Doku von 2008, "Dennis Wilson: The Real Beach Boy":

Dennis' "You and I" wurde in Sarah Jessica Parker's HBO Serie "Divorce" prominent eingesetzt. Hier der Song, der auf seinem '77er Soloalbum "Pacific ocean blue" erschien:

Mehr
19 März 2017 09:29 #901866 von DumbAngel

Mehr
22 März 2017 17:28 #901950 von DumbAngel
Und jetzt wird am Record Store Day eine limitierte Ausgabe des unvollendeten Bambu veröffentlicht:

www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/9522

Mehr
25 März 2017 15:20 #902059 von DumbAngel

Mehr
25 März 2017 20:22 #902062 von Earth Boy
Earth Boy antwortete auf Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku
Irgendwie ist der Titel "Autopsy" schon unangenehm reißerisch.

Mehr
09 Nov. 2017 16:29 #905582 von DumbAngel
Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson's "Pacific Ocean Blue" by Ken Sharp

ken-sharp.com/dennis-wilson/index.html

Mehr
09 Nov. 2017 17:40 #905584 von Earth Boy
Earth Boy antwortete auf Dennis Wilson BBC-Doku

DumbAngel schrieb: Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson's "Pacific Ocean Blue" by Ken Sharp

ken-sharp.com/dennis-wilson/index.html

Ich kenne Ken Sharp sowohl vom FTD Buch Writing for the king als auch vom Kiss Buch Nothin' to lose. Beides großartige Werke, insofern werde ich mir das Dennis Wilson Druckerzeugnis wohl zulegen, falls es nicht zu teuer ist.

Mehr
15 Nov. 2017 23:07 - 15 Nov. 2017 23:08 #905703 von DumbAngel
Jim Murphy ("Becoming the Beach Boys") postete dies auf dem SmileySmileBoard:

Ken Sharp’s long-awaited new book Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue is now available for pre-order.

The book is available in soft-cover for $35 plus shipping and in a very limited signed hardcover edition for $55 plus shipping. The book will only be available directly from Ken and you can order your copy by emailing him at sharpk@aol.com

From Ken: “40 years since its initial release, Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue, the first solo album by a member of the Beach Boys, is widely regarded as a cult masterpiece, a stark confessional vehicle of naked primal emotion and deep pain. Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue is the first book devoted to the creation of this seminal rock and roll classic.”

“Via extensive interviews conducted with many of the record’s main principals numbering songwriting collaborators, engineers, session musicians, record company personnel, management, fellow Beach Boys, friends, family, music writers and more, the 416-page book is structured as an oral history and chronicles the fascinating back story behind this extraordinary album. Decades on, the album is eliciting retroactive praise and accolades with the 2008 CD reissue selected by the likes of Rolling Stone, Mojo and Uncut as reissue of the year.”

Apart from being a great all-around guy and tremendously talented writer and singer-songwriter (check out his music on his website ( www.ken-sharp.com ), Ken is one of the most knowledgeable and enthusiastic Beach Boys fans I have ever met. I did not know Ken while I was researching and writing Becoming the Beach Boys, 1961-1963. But I certainly knew of Ken. He was hard to miss. His name kept coming up time after time after time. In Goldmine, Record Collector, Rock Cellar. His superb rock journalism and insightful interviews with the Boys were consumed, re-consumed, cross-referenced, scribbled on index cards, scrawled across dry erase boards, appreciated, and generously quoted (and footnoted).

I recall thinking, “If I ever meet this guy Ken Sharp, I have got to thank him for these essential, ground-breaking interviews.” He always asked the right questions. Well, I think it was a week or two after Becoming was published when I got the first nibble of interest. The phone rang and it was Ken. He could not have been kinder or more enthusiastic about the book. Writing can be a lonely, solitary road, and you’re never quite sure if you have anything worthwhile. Ken was such a contagious shot of literary/music adrenalin, and we spoke for a long time about the Boys, the early days, and music. We finished speaking and arranged a time for a follow-up interview that appeared in Goldmine. When I hung up the phone, I remember feeling the first hint, after nine years, that maybe I had written something worth contributing to the Beach Boys story. It was a great, gratifying feeling. So, thank you, Ken. You may never fully know how much that meant to me.

And SOON . . .we will be reading and enjoying Ken’s Dreamer: The Making of Dennis Wilson’s Pacific Ocean Blue. What a terrific gift for every Beach Boys and Dennis Wilson fan. 416 pages dedicated to Dennis’ stunning debut. Make room on your bookshelf.
Letzte Änderung: 15 Nov. 2017 23:08 von DumbAngel.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Earth Boy

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.