file Wanda Jackson

Mehr
08 Dez. 2005 13:25 #438513 von Charles
Wanda Jackson wurde erstellt von Charles
veröffentlicht am 31.01.2006 eine CD mit dem Titel "I Remember Elvis" bei Cleopatra.

Hat da jemand weiterführende Infos? Auf der HP von WJ is nix zu finden...

„Zeit, die man zu verschwenden genießt, ist nicht verschwendet.“ —  John Lennon

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

• Gelöschter Nick
  • Gelöschter Nicks Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
08 Dez. 2005 14:09 #438530 von Gelöschter Nick
Gelöschter Nick antwortete auf Wanda Jackson

veröffentlicht am 31.01.2006 eine CD mit dem Titel "I Remember Elvis" bei Cleopatra.

Hat da jemand weiterführende Infos? Auf der HP von WJ is nix zu finden...

Wanda will in Österreich (derzeit auf Tournee mit dem Möchtegern-Jerry Lee Lewis Andy Lee Lang) nähere Auskunft über

die Scheibe geben! Quelle: Rock Shop (Taborstrasse, 2.Bezirk in Wien)!! Sie wird Lieder daraus präsentieren :geheim: :null:

• Gelöschter Nick
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
08 Dez. 2005 14:43 #438541 von Gelöschter Nick
In dem Album „I remember Elvis“ interpretiert Wanda Jackson klassische Elvis-Songs wie “Love Me Tender” und “Blue Moon of Kentucky” in ihrem eigenen Stil.

<a href=' www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=2484 ' target='_blank'>Pastemagazine

1955 trat Wanda Jackson zusammen mit Elvis auf und eröffnete seine Shows.
Las auch irgendwo, dass die beiden zusammen waren und Elvis ihr einen Ring schenkte.

<!--aimg--><a href=' www.metroactive.com/papers/sonoma/01.26....ifs/jackson-0504.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->

Mehr
08 Dez. 2005 15:13 #438562 von Jörg S.
Jörg S. antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
After much talk and many obstacles, the Elvis tribute album promised by Wanda Jackson will finally hit the street Jan. 31, 2006. The album, I Remember Elvis, will feature classic Elvis tunes that Jackson has interpreted in her own style, including “Love Me Tender” and “Blue Moon of Kentucky.” Wanda Jackson has been called the Queen of Rockabilly, and is known not only for her music but her relationship with Elvis Presley. The two toured together from 1955-56, and dated during that time. Jackson attributes Presley with encouraging her and guiding her through her musical career; she views I Remember Elvis as her way of returning the favor.

• Anonymous
  • Anonymouss Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
08 Dez. 2005 15:23 #438565 von Anonymous
Anonymous antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
In 1955 Jackson hit the road as the opening act for Elvis Presley, just months before Elvis' career exploded. The two hit it off, dating for nearly a year. Elvis gave Jackson his ring. He also encouraged her to stretch out beyond country by singing rockabilly.

"We were both just kids doing what we knew we were born to do and having a great time," Jackson recalls. "He thought that I should be doing the type of music he was doing--we didn't really have a name for it then. My argument was that the audience was all girls and wouldn't take to me. Ultimately, he was right." Capitol Records, then the world's largest record company, saw the potential in a female rock singer with the ability to cross over to country fans, and signed Jackson to a contract that would last 18 years, until Jackson herself asked to be dropped from the label.

Quelle: Metroactive com.

• Gelöschter Nick
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
08 Dez. 2005 16:14 #438576 von Gelöschter Nick
Fand Wanda Jacksons Version von „Let´s Have A Party“ (1959 begleitet von Gene Vincents Band - daher rockt es auch so) schon immer um Längen besser als Elvis´ „Party“ aus Loving You.

Ist ja schon eine Weile her, aber mal sehen, ob die neuen Cover-Versionen auch besser werden… ;)

Mehr
08 Dez. 2005 23:39 #438631 von Copperhead
Copperhead antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
Wanda :ergeben:

Mehr
09 Dez. 2005 17:20 #438772 von Speedway
Speedway antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
Sehr nette Frau;schon mehrmals live gesehen. :up:

Mehr
27 Jan. 2006 08:40 #448228 von Charles
Charles antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
Hier das Cover:

<!--aimg--><a href=' images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000CEV4M2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->

und der Rolling Stone schreibt:

Wanda Jackson Remembers Elvis

Queen of rockabilly sings the songs of her old sweetheart on new CD

There were other girls in Elvis Presley's life when Wanda Jackson dated him in the mid-1950s. She didn't see him with them; she didn't have to. "I think a woman's intuition would tell you," she recalls with a chuckle.

Jackson was the first to bring a woman's intuition into the boys' club of early rock & roll, and she did it on Elvis' urging. A budding seventeen-year-old country star from Oklahoma, she took her tourmate's advice and tried her hand in the feisty world of rockabilly. Half a century after the two young singers rubbed elbows, Jackson, 68, is honoring her old beau with the tribute album I Remember Elvis, due January 31st.

"He broke into my train of thought and made me realize I could stretch myself," she recalls. "I could do more than I thought I could."

The album features Jackson's renditions of early Elvis songs such as "Heartbreak Hotel," "Good Rockin' Tonight," "Love Me Tender" and "I Forgot to Remember to Forget," all of which she first heard while standing in the wings. The CD will include a bonus track of stories from Jackson's courtship with Elvis. She still has the ring he gave her: "My husband says it's all right."

Elvis and Wanda were part of an extended package tour during 1955 and '56, just as he was becoming a superstar. "Our dating amounted to what we could do on the road," she says -- not to mention what they could do with her father, her manager, in tow. "If we got in town early, we might take in a matinee movie. Then after shows we could go places with his band -- and my dad, of course."

Soon, however, Presley could hardly go out in public: "Anywhere that pink Cadillac went with the bass strapped on the top, the whole town was there."

Wanda's father Tom, a onetime barber who quit his job to accompany his only daughter on the road, would serve as her manager until she married Wendell Goodman, still her husband and manager today, in 1961. By then, she had lost touch with the King.

"It was very important, a girl's reputation, in those days," Jackson says. "There were things you could and couldn't do, and my daddy made sure I never crossed that line."

Once she took up rock & roll, however, she left another impression. Her songs were full of vinegar -- "Mean Mean Man," "Hard Headed Woman" -- and she cut covers by some of rock & roll's wildest, including Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis. She sang them all with gravel-throated gusto.

"It just came natural, I guess," says the unfailingly gracious grandmother of four.

Her signature, the raunchy raveup "Let's Have a Party," was initially recorded by Elvis (as "Party") for the 1957 film Loving You. Jackson claims she was actually inspired by a subsequent version by Larry and Lorrie Collins, the Collins Kids. Her belated hit with the song, backed by Gene Vincent's Blue Caps, kicked its way into the Top Forty in 1960, two years after it was recorded. By then, Jackson had already given up on rock & roll and returned to her roots in heartache-y country music.

After Elvis, Jackson's career took more than its share of detours. Already a star in Japan due to her Number One recording of the atomic platter "Fujiyama Mama," in 1965 she was persuaded to record in German. Though she initially protested -- "I said, 'I'm an Okie! I can hardly sing in English'" -- she had another overseas Number One with the song "Santo Domingo," to this day a staple of German pop.

In the 1970s, Wanda and Wendell were born again, devoting themselves to gospel music and running a ministry. When another European label approached Jackson about making a return to rockabilly in the mid-'80s, she had to think long and hard. "We prayed about that," she says. "We talked to our pastor, and he said, 'You need to take your testimony wherever you can.'"

By the mid-1990s, latter-generation American rockabilly fans had caught up with the Europeans in their appreciation for Jackson, and she has been touring as the "Queen of Rockabilly" ever since. Neko Case, Robbie Fulks and Wayne Hancock were some of the contributors on the recent tribute album Hard Headed Woman: A Celebration of Wanda Jackson, and you can hear her influence on the White Stripes as well.

In September, Jackson was honored as a recipient of the National Endowment for the Arts' National Heritage Fellowship. "It's the most prestigious award any artist can receive," she says. "It blows you away." And it helps counter the nagging sense that Wanda Jackson, arguably the first woman in rock & roll, should already be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

"There's been a big push for that," she acknowledges. "My fans are upset. I'm in all the other Halls of Fame you can think of. It'll happen -- it'd be nice if I'm still living, but it'll happen. 'Cause I was the first."

Reaching back for some of the old attitude, she says with a laugh, "Hey, if they don't know it, that's their problem."

JAMES SULLIVAN

Mehr
08 März 2006 08:53 #460813 von Charles
Charles antwortete auf Wanda Jackson
Und hier noch die Tracklist:

Wanda Introduction - Good Rockin' Tonight - Blue Moon Of Kentucky - Heartbreak Hotel - I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine - Trying To Get To You - Baby, Let's Play House - Give Me The Right - You're Right, I'm Left, He's Gone - Mystery Train - Ain't That Loving You Baby - I Forgot To Remember To Forget Him - I Wore Elvis' Ring - Too Much - Love Me Tender - Wanda Talks About Elvis

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.