file Shakin Stevens

• Bremenbjorn
  • Bremenbjorns Avatar Autor
  • From A Jack To A King
  • From A Jack To A King
Mehr
24 Nov. 2003 22:53 #214392 von Bremenbjorn
Shakin' Stevens in Deutschland wurde erstellt von Bremenbjorn

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

• Bremenbjorn
  • From A Jack To A King
  • From A Jack To A King
Mehr
25 Nov. 2003 15:21 #214552 von Bremenbjorn
Bremenbjorn antwortete auf Shakin' Stevens in Deutschland
... ups ... sollte eigentlich in die "Stars (international)" Rubrik.

• Anonymous
  • Anonymouss Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
25 Nov. 2003 15:27 #214553 von Anonymous
Anonymous antwortete auf Shakin' Stevens in Deutschland

... ups ... sollte eigentlich in die "Stars (international)" Rubrik.

Naja, weil er in Deutschland auftritt, bekommt der Thread auch was Nationales. ;)

• Bremenbjorn
  • From A Jack To A King
  • From A Jack To A King
Mehr
28 Nov. 2003 19:46 #216241 von Bremenbjorn
Bremenbjorn antwortete auf Shakin' Stevens in Deutschland
:lach2: :up:

Mehr
17 Sep. 2004 15:11 #247426 von Harty
Harty antwortete auf Shakin Stevens
Throughout the 80's and early 90's Stevens had 38 hit singles, 36 of which were consecutive, and in the UK alone achieved four # 1s , three # 2s, 12 Top 5 hits, 15 Top 10s, 25 Top 20s, 30 Top 30s and 32 Top 40 hits. This unprecedented success was mirrored across Europe and in many territories world-wide. In the UK he accumulated 277 weeks in the singles chart and consolidated all that success with a run of a dozen hit albums. He has sold millions of albums and singles world-wide, earning him a multitude of Gold, Platinum and Double Platinum Discs, and a plethora of global honours and prestigious industry awards including Best Musical; thirty Top 30 hits in a decade (still unsurpassed by any other artist); being named best Singer/Performer at Midem, the international music convention. In Germany he picked up the unique Chartmaker award to commemorate four singles in the German chart at the same time; in Sweden he became the first international artist ever to receive a double Platinum Disc.

die 80er:
Despite his forays into other styles of music for his single releases , he ended the decade as the Biggest Selling Singles Artist! To quote from the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles; "Shares with The Beatles (60s) and Elton John (70s) the distinction of being the most successful UK singles chart performer of a decade."

aber wer war schon Shaky? :devil:

Mehr
18 Sep. 2004 19:12 #247901 von Harty
Als Shaky sehr populär war, verglich man ihn mit Elvis Presley. In der Bravo hiess es dann "wer ist besser" etc. Völliger Schwachsinn. Shaky imitierte Elvis keinesfalls, weder stimmlich noch mit seiner Bühnenshow. ELvis trat nie im Jeansanzug auf, noch sprang Elvis auf das Piano oder schlug ein Rad nach dem anderen, sprang in die Menge oder in die Luft und spreizte die Beine dabei. Shakin Stevens hatte einen sehr akrobatischen Stil, der showtechnisch damals seinesgleichen suchte. Shaky schrieb teilweise seine Hits selber bzw coverte Rock and Roll Songs. Sicherlich sang er live auf der Bühne mal "Shake, rattle and Roll" oder "Lawdy Miss Clawdy". Dieses sind aber keine Elvis Songs, sondern Rock and Roll Klassiker. Mit dem Song "Marie Marie" brach er damals regelrecht in die Charts ein! Rock and Roll zu diesem Zeitpunkt? Oh ja, und er frass sich in den 80ern regelrecht mit Rock and Roll in den Charts fest. Minuspunkt war seine Mangerin Freya Miller, die sich Major nannte. Major und Colonel?
Der Durchbruch von Shakin Stevens begann mit dem Musical "Elvis" in London. Shaky war einer der Darsteller, der den jüngeren Elvis verkörperte. Glücklicherweise habe ich eine rare MaxiSingle mit einem ELvis Medley von Shakin Stevens aus diesem Musical. Das Ding rockt. Aber auch hier singt Shakin Stevens mit seiner Stimme, die er nicht verstellt.

Seine Anfänge waren Ende der 60er (als Vorgruppe der Rolling Stones) mit seiner seiner damaligen Band "The Sunsets". Dave Edmunds (I hear you knockin) hat in den frühren 70ern sogar ein erfolgreiches Album (Shakin Stevens and the Sunsets waren damals in Holland sehr populär) mit Shakin Stevens produziert. Teilweise richtig geiler Rock a Billy .

Nach Marie Marie folgten einige Number 1 Hits, Platin, Gold...Seine Live Shows waren für mich immer ein Erlebnis. Klein Harty lernte damals rocken :-)

Anfang der 90er begann sein Stern zu sinken, die Charterfolge blieben aus, Alkohlprobleme, Epic/Sony hat sich von ihm getrennt. Seit 3-4 Jahren ist Shaky back on the road. Im Gottschalk 50 Jahre Special konnte man ihn wieder bewundern, er war dieses Jahr Stargast auf dem kultivierten Frankfurter Opernball. Seine DVD ist in Dänemark Nummer 1 und im Plattenstudio soll er sich auch wieder befinden.

Shaky hat definitv seinen Platz im Rock and Roll Staat.

Mehr
18 Sep. 2004 22:05 #247954 von memphis1977
memphis1977 antwortete auf Shakin Stevens
Wie sieht der eigentlich heute aus?

Mehr
18 Sep. 2004 22:38 #247970 von Colonel
Colonel antwortete auf Shakin Stevens

Wie sieht der eigentlich heute aus?

Frankfurter Opernball 2004, Alter 56 Jahre !!!

<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...nkfurter90887951.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->
Shakin' Stevens, born in 1948 in Cardiff as Michael Barrett, first made his name playing in the local club circuit with his fifties rock 'n' roll revival band The Sunsets. In 1969 he turned professional and signed to Parlophone, recording the optimistically titled album "The Legend" with producer Dave Edmunds. Despite a strong live following none of the band's releases made any chart impression and they split in 1976. Shakin' Stevens landed one of the Presley roles in Jack Good's musical "Elvis" and following extensive TV exposure in Good's "Oh Boy !" revival, signed to his current label Epic in 1978.
"Hot dog" in 1980 was the first of an impressive string of hits included four number-1 hits with covers of "Green door" and "This ole house" and the self-penned "Oh Julie" and "Merry Xmas everyone". Although criticized for his diluted pantomime pop brand of rock 'n' roll ("I'm not a fifties purist, I'm a English purist", he said), the affable if unchallenging Stevens was the most successful United Kingdown singles act of the Eighties. Recent chart hits have not been forthcoming.

Biography
The Shakin' Stevens story began in a three bedroomed council house in Marcross Road, in Cardiff's Ely district. That somewhat cramped house was home for the youngster who was born Michael Barratt, and then went on to achieve fame as Shakin' Stevens.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki.../images/yvcb%20k.jpg ' target='_blank'>

The rather shy youngster, who was born on March 4, 1948, was the youngest member of a large, working class family. His parents, Jack and May Barratt, had 11 children and Shaky was the youngest member of the family. He has six brothers - Jacky, Kenneth, Jimmy, Freddie, Roy and Leslie - and four sisters - Nancy, Aileen, Joyce and Muriel.
"People say that it must have been hell to have been brought up with so many brothers and sisters. But what they don't realise is that we really were two families. Half of our family were grown up, married and living away from home by the time that I came on the scene. I basically grew up with mum and dad and Roy, Muriel and Leslie. Leslie was just a couple of years older than me so that when I was attending junior school, he was at senior school."

"I grew up in a house full of noise, though and I suppose, since there always seemed to be music in our house, that was one reason why I was introduced early to rock 'n' roll. A definite influence too, was my big brother, Roy, who had a collection of 1950s records. Roy also used to take me to the cinema when I was a youngster. Together we saw films like Rock Around The Clock. All that certainly made a considerable impression," said Shaky.
The Barratts were a down to earth family. Jack Barratt had gone to work at the mines when he was just 13, but later went to work in the building trade. Although the family didn't have very much money, those formative years in Cardiff hold happy memories for Shaky. It was while he was a youngster in South Wales that he first heard the name that was to become his rock 'n' roll alter ego... Shakin' Stevens.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...tevens/images/12.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Like all young boys, Mike Barratt played football and other games with his mates. It was during a game of bat and ball in the street that one of the most significant events in his life occurred. When it was the turn of one of his mates to take the bat and face the bowler, the youngster, as he made a few practise swipes with the bat, joked... "And now, presenting Shakin' Stevens!" At that time the Welsh youngster thought it was a great rock name. He remembered it and when he formed a rock 'n' roll band years later, it became his stage identity. "Somehow Shakin' Stevens just seemed to be the perfect name for a singer," beamed Shaky as he remembered those far off days. At school he could scarcely be described as the ideal student. The wonders of mathematics, English grammar, history and geography did not hold any great interest for him. "I wasn't terribly interested in books, I suppose. At school I was basically an outdoor person, I enjoyed games and being in the fresh air. So when it was time to leave school I didn't really know what I wanted to do. But I was certain about one thing... I was never going to go to work at the mines, like my dad had done. He'd got out of that as fast as he could, and there was no way that I wanted to be a miner. I had a lot of different jobs, doing everything from cleaning windows - which I wasn't very good at - to learning how to upholster furniture. I was also a driver's mate, which was my first job. I was paid three pounds a week for that before tax deductions."

But music, music, music was the real interest that dominated his thoughts. Even at school he sang in the playground. His school music teacher however was less than enthusiastic about Shaky's efforts. He hated the songs that the young rock hopeful sang. But he did say something which proved to be quite prophetic... "Son, you're going to annoy an awful lot of people, but keep going. You'll make it in the end." It was in the classroom that Shaky made what was possibly his first performance in front of an audience. One day he stood up in class to sing Rock Around The Clock. During these schooldays Shaky started to dabble a little seriously in the business of rock 'n' roll. He was in the line up of several groups, which included The Cossacks, The Olympics and The Denims. Most of the time these enthusiastic youngsters couldn't play their instruments - which tended to be of the battered variety - terribly well... but it was a start.

Shaky became group singer almost by accident. When one of the school groups was being assembled there was no instrument left for him to play, so he became the vocalist. Being a singer meant that Shaky had to overcome his natural shyness. As a teenager he was almost painfully shy... particularly where girls were concerned. When he first started singing he even used to stand with his back to the audience, to prevent himself becoming overcome with shyness. Eventually, of course, as the stage persona of Shakin' Stevens developed, that character took over from the shy, quiet Mike Barratt, and an explosive dynamic stage performer was created.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...s/images/photo6.jpeg ' target='_blank'>

During his early years in that cramped council house in Cardiff, Shaky received tremendous support from his parents. One Christmas he actually persuaded his mother, May, to purchase a well-used and aged piano. This gave him the opportunity to try to create his own music on the keyboards, although his mum would possibly have been happier if she'd heard some more familiar sounds coming from that instrument. After a while that piano finally disintegrated... the result of Shaky's pounding and all the wear and tear of being shifted from one part of the Barratt household to another. Jack Barratt, Shaky's father, was also a significant influence. During the days when Shaky was struggling to make a meagre living with his most famous group, The Sunsets, his dad was tremendous in offering encouragement. "When I was doing all the usual clubs and things my dad was so very proud of me that he would carry my picture everywhere with him. He would take the photograph out and tell people... 'That's my son, he's a singer'."
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...vens/images/s-F4.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Sadly Shaky's father died before the son of whom he was so proud went on to achieve worldwide fame. It's one of Shaky's lasting regrets that his father didn't live to experience all that has happened to him today. "It's simply that I owe so much to my dad. You could say that it was his love of the music of Al Jolson and J.H. Elliot, the soft shoe shuffle star, that actually got me interested in all this. If he was around today I'm sure that he'd be over the moon at everything that's happened."
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...ens/images/s-F52.jpg ' target='_blank'>

Shaky's rock 'n' roll apprenticeship was served the way many of today's established stars... by experiencing the tough, relentless slog of touring small clubs, bars and college venues all over the country. It's the usual story of hard work and not very much in financial terms to show for it after driving hundreds of miles up and down the motorway. This was the period of his career, from the late 1960s until mid-way through the 1970s, when he performed as Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets.
"That was when I paid my dues. We travelled thousands of miles all over the country. It was when I discovered what rock 'n' roll is all about." After his first 'gig', which Shaky remembers was in a church hall in Wales and for which the group were paid the grand total of 6 pounds (out of that had to come the money to pay for the petrol for their van), his life revolved around a seemingly constant stream of one-night stands anywhere and everywhere in the United Kingdom. There's hardly a corner of the country which didn't experience a visit from Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets. The routine tended to have a faintly familiar feel about it, no matter where the concert venue was.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...ages/shaky_mario.jpg ' target='_blank'>

"For instance, we'd leave Cardiff around 6am in this battered old van and drive up to, say, Aberdeen. We'd rush from the van into a tiny dressing room, wash, change and do our stuff on stage. Then, after the gig we'd wonder where we could sleep that night. Usually it was all crowded in the back of the van - we certainly didn't have the money for hotels."

In those days there was never much money to go round, as Shaky recalls. "We just managed to get by and no more. The meals we had were the cheapest ones we could get in motorway cafes, we didn't have enough money for much else. But even in the darkest moments - and there were some of those - I never had the remotest thoughts of quitting. There was no reason why I should have considered calling it a day. Singing was what I enjoyed, what I did best, and I realised that. Another thing that kept me going was just working in front of an enthusiastic audience. That was great, singing for our audiences gave me a tremendous buzz... and still does. There's really no accurate way for me to put into words just what that feeling is like. I suppose it must be like a shot of electricity, when the audience moves with your music."
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki.../shakywithjerry.jpeg ' target='_blank'>

In 1969 it seemed that the time had come for Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets to evolve from being one of Britain's hard working bands into something much more significant. That was when - much to Shaky's surprise and delight - they were asked to support The Rolling Stones when they played at a London theatre called the 'Saville'. The Stones had sent a tour manager to watch Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets in action. Then, convinced that they were what they were looking for, asked them to be their support act.
"It was the first time that I had played on a stage which had curtains, so that you could make a proper entrance. Before the venues were clubs, bars and colleges, but this was a real stage!" Shaky, and the others, brought their modest equipment - by the Stones' standards - along in old, battered suitcases. But Shaky used Mick Jagger's P.A. system that night when he went on stage. "That proved to be a mistake, because it meant that all I could hear was my own voice. It was almost impossible to hear the music! I also recall that during our spot, the drummer's snare stand broke and he finished up having to beat his drumsticks off a fire bucket."

Unfortunately that wasn't to be the start of great things for Shaky. Unlike the world of fairy tales, instant success doesn't happen very often. And so it was back to the grind of gigs and recording sessions for him and his group. During those years there were several records from Shakin' Stevens and the Sunsets, but none managed that all-important chart breakthrough in this country. Their discs tended to achieve more success in Holland than in Britain. A solo Shaky single, 'Lonesome Town', was a chart hit in the Netherlands. Nowadays however, original pressings of those recordings - such as the album 'A Legend' or the single 'Jungle Rock' - which was a chart hit for Hank Mizzell while Shaky's version got nowhere - are valuable collectors' items.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...mages/ssseped001.jpg ' target='_blank'>

It was not until 1977 - seven years after he had turned professional - that events started to move in an upwards direction for Shaky. That was when he met the legendary rock impressario, Jack Good, and made his debut in London's West End. That crucial encounter happened after Shaky was asked to portray the middle period of Elvis Presley's life in the award winning stage musical, 'Elvis'. At first the Welsh singer was reluctant to be involved at all in this production. He was concerned that the musical might not contain the essential elements of what made Presley unique. Also, he was worried that this stage role might not be right for him. So he didn't even go along to the audition that was being held. However, purely by chance, Jack Good happened to see the reluctant star perform at a London gig... and that was that. Good was convinced right there and then that the singer was exactly what he was looking for. He persuaded Shaky that he certainly was not seeking to create a cariacature or an impersonation of Elvis Presley on stage. Instead he wanted to find the right singer who could convey that special magic... the indefinable atmosphere and feeling which Presley conjured up every time he walked out on to the spotlight.

So Shaky, impressed by the enthusiasm and genuine nature of Jack Good's attitude, agreed to play the part. After that Shaky and Jack Good formed what could be described as a mutual admiration society. They found themselves working together on two major television series... 'Oh Boy!' and 'Let's Rock'. Good, who had set the pattern for pop on the small screen way back in the 1950s with the original 'Oh Boy!', decided to recreate that show for today's audiences. And one of the vital regulars in his revamped series was Shakin' Stevens.

After that series, which was screened by ITV in the UK, Jack Good went on to create the 26 programme series 'Let's Rock'. Again Shaky was included as a regular in the shows, which were shown on both sides of the Atlantic. During one of his visits to the UK, Jack, who is nowadays based in the States, paid tribute to Shaky. "He's one of the most exciting rock performers around," said the doyen of rock 'n' roll. No wonder that after all those years Shaky and Jack still keep in contact. The singer whom he described as "the best genuine rocker around today" continues to make Jack Good's words of praise ring true.
<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...ens/images/s-F58.jpg ' target='_blank'>

It was while he was still starring in 'Elvis' and operating under Jack Good's wing, that Shaky met the person who, it could fairly be said, became the most important influence on his life... his manager and friend, Freya Miller. Freya, who had been involved in directing the careers of The New Seekers, Joe Brown and J. J. Barrie, signed a managerial contract with Shaky in 1979... two years after he had first donned the mantle of Elvis. Since then they have been a team, dedicated to catapulting Shakin' Stevens to success in every record market in the world. And - with the exception of the USA, the arena in which he never really made his mark - they succeeded.

The Shaky - Freya partnership has seen him collect awards and enough platinum, gold and silver discs to start a jewellery concern from all over the world. But the first couple of singles from the solo Shakin' Stevens didn't exactly set the heather on fire. Neither 'Treat Her Right' nor 'Endless Sleep' did terribly well. Things changed for the better though, when he released his distinctive version of the Buck Owens' rockabilly number, 'Hot Dog', which gave Shaky his first taste of chart success. That song climbed to No 24 in the UK charts and then - although the next single, 'Hey Mae' was a major disappointment by vansihing without trace - Shaky went on to indicate that a new talent had emerged, by taking 'Marie Marie' even higher in the Top 30. It went to No 19, and people sat up and took notice of Shakin' Stevens.

But the song which sent the name Shakin' Stevens smashing into the charts with significant force - and which made an indelible mark on the mind of record buyers - was vintage rock 'n' roll. It was an updated version of the Rosemary Clooney hit of 1954, 'This Ole House', which the American star had made a chart topper all those years ago. The Shaky treatment meant that 27 years later the song was every bit as powerful. Yet when his version was released in 1981, Shaky was honest enough to admit... "I don't remember the song from the first time around. I was just a kid when it first came out. I may have heard it but it didn't sink in. In fact the first time that I can remember hearing Rosemary Clooney sing the song was just before Christmas [1980], when I was at the home of a friend, who collects old records. As soon as he put the disc on I knew, right away, that this was something I should record. I was absolutely amazed when I learned that no fresh version had been released since 1954."

Shaky reckoned that his version clicked with a massive record buying public, simply because it had across the board appeal. It was rock 'n' roll which could be enjoyed by almost every age group. The result was a chart topping hit which stayed at No 1 for 3 weeks... it was the signal that Shakin' Stevens was here to stay. Throughout the 1980s the hits never stopped. 'Green Door', 'Oh Julie' and 'Merry Christmas Everyone' all went to No 1 - 'Oh Julie' was the more significant of the three since it happened to be a Shakin' Stevens composition. The fact that Barry Manilow went on to record that particular song, and have a hit with it across the Atlantic, was especially satisfying for Shaky.

Throughout the 1980s the rollercoaster of success he rode showed no signs of slowing down. Songs such as 'It's Raining', 'Give Me Your Heart Tonight' and 'Blue Christmas' were simply evidence that a record release was a guaranteed best seller. His albums, as you might expect, were always chart certainties too. Shakin' Stevens experienced unparalleled success throughout the 1980s and has been proven to be the most successful British recording star worldwide throughout that decade - simply because he had hits in the charts longer than any other artist. He also became the first artiste, when promoting his single 'Breaking Up My Heart', to appear 50 times on the UK chart show 'Top of the Pops' - an occasion especially celebrated by the programme's makers, the BBC.

<!--aimg--><a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki...hakinInVienna23.jpeg ' target='_blank'>

LIVE Wien 1999

His concerts continued to be sellouts and he always gave good value for money with exciting stage sets and imaginative lighting rigs as well as providing the audience with the product they demanded - him, a vibrant and energetic performance, and top quality rock 'n' roll music. Shaky's concerts continued to improve upon near perfection year on year, resulting in what is regarded to be his best tour at 1990.

It almost seemed as though the man could do no wrong. Yet in the some people's eyes he wasn't 'hip'. Simon Bates summed up the consensus of the music world's opinion during his 'Our Tune' spot on Radio One in the 1980s, saying... "As a serious DJ, I'm not supposed to like this man's music at all, but this next record is simply the best." He went on to play 'Because I Love You'. It just goes to show how a radio controller can influence the path a performer's career can take. Shaky has always enjoyed a trusting rapport with his loyal supporters though - and has shown his appreciation countless times, traditionally through the end of tour get together he throws for the fans who have travelled the country with him. It has to be said - Shakin' Stevens was the 1980s! His success in the 1980s, however, was not to be repeated during the decade to follow.

<a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/shaki.../images/2shaky99.JPG ' target='_blank'> the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/...es/2shaky99.JPG

LIVE On Stage 1999

Far from disappearing, Shaky continued to record singles and albums up until the mid 1990s. During the time from his first No 1, though, his style of music tended to change, possibly in an attempt to appeal to a wider audience. Some of the single releases during that time could possibly be regarded as mistakes; the British public seem to love the music of Shakin' Stevens when it is pure rock 'n' roll - the proof is in his chart history.

Other problems he encountered ultimately resulted in his partnership with Freya Miller ending, and her replacement as Shaky's manager, Roy Massey, lasted only three years. Breakthroughs were made during this time, however: Shaky's 1992 single 'Radio' was played on MTV - the first time he'd had a single release played there, and Roger Taylor featured on the record and video. Shaky decided to adapt his style of music to create a heavier sound with stronger songs, and this brought him back "home" to the style of music his fans love more than any other - classic rock 'n' roll.

It has to be said that Shaky's career throughout the 80s and 90s was extremely successful, yet a series of events starting in seem to catalogue the beginning of the end of his recording career, at least with Epic Records anyway. In 1985 Epic released 'Greatest Hits Volume 1" which contained the songs Shaky had recorded from 1980 to 1985. Upon it's release it even contained a song which, at that time, hadn't even been released as a single... it was lined up to be his next release. Then we had the "Let's Boogie" album, which contained only one new song, although it did feature a concert performance on the B side. 1992 Brought us "The Epic Years" - another but updated greatest hits compilation. The title of the album seemed to signal the end to Shaky's Epic career, and although no formal announcement was made, Epic have not released any new Shakin' Stevens material ever since, although a number of other hits compilations have been released.

So what has Shaky been doing since 1992? Well, he toured again in 1995, and the following year appeared in festivals all over Europe and in the UK. A new single was released in Germany in 1995 - 'I Can Help' - a rendition of the Billy Swan classic, yet this never made it to release in the UK or anywhere else. Following this Shaky appeared as support act to Status Quo in Norwich, and brought the house down with his hour long performance. He has also popped up on TV occasionally, for example in the 1998 BBC Wales documentary series on Welsh performers - 'A Whole Lotta Money'. This saw Shaky go back to Marcross Road in Cardiff to retrace his childhood days. Shaky has been planning a tour for the past 18 months and this will now take place in April 1999. The timing of the tour coincides with a new spark of media interest in him - the press and TV seem to have decided it's time for Shaky to step back into his spotlight. The Sun ran a series of articles aimed at bringing him back into public view, and we can tell you that they were not the first newspaper to attempt it, as interest from The Daily Star and even The Sunday Times preceeded The Sun's articles by quite a few months. Shaky simply wasn't ready to step into the limelight again, for while he was away from public view he was busy running his company and "putting his house in order" as he describes it.

But now he is ready to show himself again. The 20 date UK tour is selling well, and the public seem to be enthusiastic about his return. One thing of which they can be guaranteed - they'll see shows which are fun, dynamic and which feature at centre stage a performer who can whip a crowd up into a frenzy with his energetic delivery. A Shakin' Stevens concert is all about having a good time. As far as records are concerned, no plans are currently in place for any new releases, but if the interest in Shaky builds up.... who knows?

released SINGLES ( Sunsets) Label
Spirit Of Woodstock (demo only)

Down On The Farm (a side is rockin louie))

Sea Cruise CBS 8282

Honey Don't

Sweet Little Rock'n'Roller Polydor 2058-213

Honey Honey Pink Elephant

Spirit Of Woodstock

It Came Out Of The Sky

Lonesome Town (Holland) solo recording with session musicians Pink Elephant

Frantic Sky Dog EP-006

You Mostest Girl Dynamo DYR-45003

Sexy Ways Dymamo E.P.DYR-45004

Jungle Rock

SOLO SINGLES

18/03/77
Never Track 2094.134

30/09/77
Somebody Touched Me Track 2094.141

27/01/78
Justine Track 2094.141

11/08/78
Treat Her Right Epic S-EPC-6567

12/01/79
Endless Sleep Epic S-EPC-6945

Spooky Epic S-EPC-7325

04/01/80
Hot Dog (first UK hit for Shaky) Epic S-EPC-8090

02/05/80
Hey Mae Epic S-EPC-8573

18/07/80
Marie, Marie Epic S-EPC-8725

17/10/80
Shooting Gallery Epic EPC-9064

20/02/81
This Ole House (first No.1 hit for Shaky) Epic EPC-9555

24/04/81
You Drive Me Crazy Epic EPC-A1165

Mona Lisa (Japan) Epic 07.5P158

17/07/81
Green Door (no.1) Epic EPC-A1354

Sept '81
Shaky Sings Elvis Solid Gold SGR-107

02/10/81
It's Raining Epic EPC-A1643

08/01/82
Oh Julie (no.1) covered by Barry Manilow Epic A1742

Greatest Original Hits EP Epic A2620

16/04/82
Shirley Epic EPC-A2087

13/08/82
Give Me Your Heart Tonight Epic EPC-A2656

08/10/82
I'll Be Satisfied Epic EPC-A2846

03/12/82
Blue Christmas EP Epic SHAKY-1

The Hits Medley (Canada) promo Epic DJE4-8547

Your Ma Said You Cried (Holland) Epic EPCA-3262

15/07/83
It's Late Epic A3565

28/10/83
Cry Just A Little Bit Epic A3774

07/01/84
A Rockin' Good Way (duet with Bonnie Tyler) Epic A4071

24/03/84
A Love Worth Waiting For Epic A4291

15/09/84
A Letter To You Epic A4677

24/11/84
Teardrops (Features Hank Marvin) Epic A4882

24/11/84
Mega Mix Of Hits (Limited Edition packed with Teardrops) Epic DA4882

02/03/85
Breaking Up My Heart Epic A6072

12/10/85
Lipstick Powder & Paint Epic A6610

07/12/85
Merry Christmas Everyone (no.1) Epic A6769

08/02/86
Turning Away Epic A6819

01/11/86
Because I Love You Epic SHAKY-2

20/12/86
Merry Christmas Everyone (Reissue Gatefold) Epic GA6769

07/06/87
A Little Boogie Woogie Epic SHAKY-3

17/09/87
Come See About Me Epic SHAKY-4

28/11/87
What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For Epic SHAKY-5

23/07/88
Feel The Need In Me Epic SHAKY-6

15/10/88
How Many Tears Can You Hide Epic SHAKY-7

10/12/88
True Love Epic SHAKY-8

18/02/89
Jezebel Epic SHAKY-9

13/05/89
Love Attack Epic SHAKY-10

24/02/90
I Might Epic SHAKY-11

12/05/90
Yes I Do Epic SHAKY-12

18/08/90
Pink Champagne Epic SHAKY-13

13/10/90
My Cutie Cutie Epic SHAKY-14

15/12/90
The Best Christmas Of Them All Epic SHAKY-15

07/12/91
I'll Be Home This Christmas Epic 657650-7

10/10/92
Radio Epic

I Can Help (Germany) CD only Arcade

16/03/99
Rock'n Roll Hitmix '99 (Germany) CD only Sony 667064-1

ALBUMS (The Sunsets Period)

A Legend Parlophone PCS-711

I'm No J.D. CBS 52901

The Best Of Shakin' Stevens & The Sunsets (Holland) Same tracks as I'm No J.D. CBS 52901

Rockin' And Shakin' Contour 2870-152

Shakin' Stevens And The Sunsets (Gatefold Sleeve) Pink Elephant PE-877.050

Manhattan Melodrama

C'mon Memphis (10" LP) Dynamite TAKE-DYR-3302

SOLO ALBUMS

07/04/78
Shakin' Stevens Track SUPER-2406-011

08/02/80
Take One Epic

17/10/80
Marie, Marie Epic EPC-84547

27/03/81
This Ole House (re-package of This Ole House) Epic

04/09/81
Shaky (no.1) Epic

09/04/82
Hot Dog (re-package of Take One) Epic

01/10/82
Give Me Your Heart Tonight Epic EPC-10035

26/11/83
The Bop Won't Stop Epic

17/11/84
Greatest Hits Vol. 1 Epic

16/11/85
Lipstick Powder & Paint Epic

31/10/87
Let's Boogie Epic

31/10/87
The Hits Keep Coming (white label promo) live medley of hits same on both sides Epic

19/11/88
A Whole Lotta Shaky Epic

20/10/90
There's Two Kinds Of Music... Rock'n'Roll Telstar STAR-2454

28/11/91
Merry Christmas Everyone Epic

31/10/92
The Epic Years Epic

All The Hits (3 cd box set) Pickwick BOXCD46

You Drive Me Crazy (Germany) 3 cd box set including many tracks on cd for the first time. To be released Autumn 2001

IMPORT ALBUMS

Get Shakin' (Canada)

You Drive Me Crazy (USA) Epic ARE-38022

You Drive Me Crazy (Japan)

Green Door (Australia) later released on cd in 1990

Jetz Kommt Shaky (Germany)

There's Two Kinds Of Music... Rock'n'Roll (Holland) Epic 467411-1

The Singles Collection (Germany) Arcade 8800272

COMPILATION ALBUMS

Battle Of The Bands (one Shaky track "All By Myself") B&C BCM 103

The Best Of Rock'n'Roll (Little Queenie with live crowd overdub) CBS SPR-76

It's Rock'n'Roll (It's Rock'n'Roll/I Told You So, Sexy Ways) Super Beeb BEMP-001

"Elvis" Cast Album (Tupelo Mississipi Flash, Blue Suede Shoes, King Creole, Dixieland Rock/Got A Lot Of Livin' To Do/Wear My Ring/Ready Teady, Trying To Get To You, Too Much, Such A Night, My Baby Lelf Me, Treat Me Nice, Mean Woman Blues, Jail House Rock) Astoria AST-1

Oh Boy (Cochran Medley, Honey Don't) PYE N109

RE-ISSUE ALBUMS & Compilations

At The Rockhouse (reissue of C'mon Memphis featuring off mike chit-chat with 2 extra tracks) Magnum Force MFLP-004

Classics (2 previously unreleased solo recordings, Your True Love, Rockabilly Rock) date of recordings unknown. Other tracks feature the Sunsets) Magnum Force

The Track Years (previously unreleased Track session recordings '76-'78) EMI MFP-5760

The Best Of Rock'n'Roll CD (reissue of - Battle Of The Bands) All By Myself, first time on CD Action Replay CDAR1026

A Whole Lotta Hits CD (Denmark) Epic 477256-2

The Hits Of Shakin' Stevens CD

The Hits Of Shakin' Stevens Vol.2 CD

The Very Best Of Shakin' Stevens CD (Norway) Epic EPC-4944312

Simply The Best CD (Germany) Epic 466265-9

05/11/01
Best Of The Best Gold - Greatest Hits (Germany) re-package of Greatest Hits album Epic

12" MAXI SINGLES

Hot Dog (France) Promo Epic SDC-37

Marie Marie (USA) 10" EP Nu Disk TBL-36924

You Drive Me Crazy (Japan) Epic QY-3P-90037

Shaky Sings Elvis (West Germany) Strand 6.20108

Cry Just A Little Bit Epic TA-3774

I Cry Just A Little Bit (USA) features Cry Just A Little Bit instrumental Epic AS-1863

Dragin' & Shakin' (USA DJ use only) 8:05 mix feature Cry Just A Little Bit mixed with Draggin' The Line by Invisible College Hot Tracks 2A3-4

A Rockin' Good Way (duet with Bonnie Tyler) Epic

A Love Worth Waiting For Epic TA-4291

A Letter To You Epic TA-4677

Teardrops (Features Hank Marvin) Epic TA-4882

Breaking Up My Heart Epic TA-6072

Lipstick Powder & Paint Epic TA-6610

Merry Christmas Everyone (12" Advent Calendar) Epic GTA-6769

Turning Away Epic TA-6819

Because I Love You Epic SHAKY-T2

Merry Christmas Everyone (Reissue) Epic A12.6769

A Little Boogie Woogie Epic SHAKY-T3

A Little Boogie Woogie (white label promo) advance club promo Epic SHAKY-T3

Come See About Me Epic SHAKY-T4

Feel The Need In Me Epic SHAKY-T6

How Many Tears Can You Hide Epic SHAKY-T7

True Love Epic SHAKY-T8

Jezebel Epic SHAKY-T9

Love Attack Epic SHAKY-T10

I Might Epic SHAKY-T11

Yes I Do Epic SHAKY-T12

Pink Champagne Epic SHAKY-T13

CD SINGLES

Feel The Need In Me Epic SHAKY-C6

How Many Tears Can You Hide Epic SHAKY-C7

True Love Epic SHAKY-C8

Jezebel Epic SHAKY-C9

Jezebel (3" cd) Austria Epic 654584-3

Love Attack Epic SHAKY-C10

I Might Epic SHAKY-C11

I Might (3" cd) Holland Epic 655603-1

Yes I Do Epic SHAKY-C12

Yes I Do (3" cd) Austria (featuring 2 songs) Epic 655946-1

Yes I Do (3" cd) Austria (featuring 3 songs) Epic 655946-3

Pink Champagne Epic SHAKY-C13

Pink Champagne (3" cd) Austria Epic 656193-3

My Cutie Cutie Epic SHAKY-C14

The Best Christmas Of Them All Epic SHAKY-C15

I'll Be Home This Christmas (features Dizzy Miss Lizzy live) Epic 657650-2

Radio (features Radio acoustic version) Epic 658436-2

Radio (limited edition cd digipak featuring 'Hey Mae' & 'Shooting Gallery') Epic 658436-5

I Can Help (Germany) CD only (featuring 'Calling You') Arcade 8800271

Rock'n Roll Hit Mix '99 (Germany) CD only Sony 667064-1

CD SINGLES re-issue/compilations

Forever Young (featuring 'Sweet Little Sixteen', 'Reet Petite' & 2 Rod Stewart songs) Imtrat
Maxi-CD 000.001

Merry Christmas Everyone (Austria) with red Christmas card Epic 655308-1

Merry Christmas Everyone (Holland) with Santa Christmas card Epic 656418-3

CASSETTE SINGLES

I'll Be Home This Christmas (features 3 instrumental tracks) Epic

Quelle: <a href=' the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/ ' target='_blank'> the-shakin-stevens-fanpages.5u.com/

Mehr
19 Sep. 2004 19:01 #248295 von Colonel
Colonel antwortete auf Shakin Stevens
<!--aimg--><a href=' www.take2.co.za/covers/med/sstevenscoll.jpg ' target='_blank'>

24 Track CD with Bonus DVD.

All tracks are original single mixes newly remastered from the original master tapes.
DVD tracks remastered from the original master tapes for stereo and 5.1.

Categories Rock

Artists Shakin' Stevens
Format Audio CD
ReleaseYear 2004
Running Time
Studio Sony Music
Album Type Studio
Tracks DVD:
1. Love Attack
2. A Rockin' Good Way (To Mess Around and Fall In Love)
3. Little Boogie Woogie
4. This Ol'e House.
5. Come See About Me
6. Radio
7. What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me
8. Turning Away
9. Teardrops
10. My Cutie Cutie
11. Green Door

CD:
1. This Ole House
2. A Little Boogie Woogie (In The Back Of My
3. Cry Just A Little Bit Mind)
4. Lipstick Powder & Paint.
5. Green door
6. A Love Worth Waiting For
7. What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes (At Me For)
8. A Rockin' Good Way
9. Mess Around And Fall In Love) - duet with Bonnie Tyler
10. Marie, Marie
11. Teardrops
12. Turning Away
13. You Drive Me Crazy
14. A Letter To You
15. Oh Julie
16. Because I Love You
17. Breaking Up My Heart
18. It's Raining
19. Love Attack
20. Shirley
21. A Little Boogie Woogie
22. Give Me Your Heart Tonight
23. Radio
24. I'll Be Satisfied
25. Feel The Need In Me
26. It's Late

zu bestellen hier:
<a href=' www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=18548&cover=med ' target='_blank'>Shaky DVD

Mehr
19 Sep. 2004 19:33 #248304 von Harty
Na die wird bestellt!!

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.