file Elvis: St. Paul To Witchita - October ´74

Mehr
10 Jan. 2019 20:46 - 10 Jan. 2019 20:53 #917600 von DumbAngel
Elvis: St. Paul To Witchita - October ´74 wurde erstellt von DumbAngel

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

FTD is pleased to announce the release of “ELVIS: ST. PAUL to WITCHITA - OCTOBER ‘74”. Released as a 5” digipack, and taken from the original soundboard source, this 2-CD set features Elvis in excellent form from the fall tour of 1974. Elvis was in great form and using a variety of repertoire.

Disc 1
01 See See Rider
02 I Got A Woman/Amen
03 Love Me
04 Blue Suede Shoes
05 Until It’s Time For You To Go
06 Big Boss Man
07 Fever
08 If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
09 Love Me Tender
10 Hound Dog
11 Introductions including: Lawdy, Miss Clawdy
12 All Shook Up
13 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel
14 The Wonder Of You
15 Why Me Lord
16 Heartbreak Hotel
17 Let Me Be There
18 Hawaiian Wedding Song
19 American Trilogy
20 Johnny B. Goode
21 You Gave Me A Mountain (Rest of show is missing on the source tape)

Disc 2
01 See Rider (late start)
02 I Got A Woman/Amen
03 Love Me
04 Blue Suede Shoes
05 The Wonder Of You
06 Big Boss Man
07 Fever
08 If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
09 Love Me Tender
10 Hound Dog
11 Introductions including: Lawdy, Miss Clawdy
12 All Shook Up
13 (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel
14 Why Me Lord
15 Let Me Be There
16 When It’s My Time – performed by The Stamps
17 Johnny B. Goode
18 Heartbreak Hotel
19 Hawaiian Wedding Song
20 Polk Salad Annie
21 Can’t Help Falling In Love
22 Closing Vamp

Bonus songs
23 It’s Midnight
24 Steamroller Blues
25 Funny How Time Slips Away

Disc 1 recorded at Civic Center, St. Paul, Minnesota. October 2, 1974.
Disc 2 recorded at Henry Levitt Arena, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas. October 7, 1974.
Bonus songs recorded at Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan. October 4, 1974.

Quelle: FECC Forum
Letzte Änderung: 10 Jan. 2019 20:53 von DumbAngel.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Earth Boy, Atomic Powered Poster

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um uns Deine Meinung zu dem Thema mitzuteilen.

Mehr
10 Jan. 2019 23:06 #917616 von Earth Boy
Die Setlist sieht gar nicht übel aus. Wurden diese Konzerte schon mal veröffentlicht und wie waren denn Elvis Auftritte in der Zeit?

• Atomic Powered Poster
  • Atomic Powered Posters Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
10 Jan. 2019 23:10 #917617 von Atomic Powered Poster
Atomic Powered Poster antwortete auf Elvis: St. Paul To Witchita - October ´74
1) Nein
2) schwankend zwischen ganz ordentlich und vollkommen indiskutabel.

• Chief Joseph
  • Chief Josephs Avatar
  • All The Kings Men
  • All The Kings Men
Mehr
11 Jan. 2019 12:22 #917624 von Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph antwortete auf Elvis: St. Paul To Witchita - October ´74
Unveröffentlichte Konzerte? Na das ist doch mal eine gute FTD-Veröffentlichung. :beifall: :up:

Elvis 4ever

Mehr
12 Jan. 2019 10:17 #917634 von Donald
Ich krieg schon Angst, wenn ich nur das Cover sehe... :crazy:

• Atomic Powered Poster
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jan. 2019 10:39 - 12 Jan. 2019 10:41 #917635 von Atomic Powered Poster
Etliche der Shows dieser Phase waren tatsächlich, wie oben schon erwähnt, saumäßig. Auch die besseren sind nix aufregendes, weniger sauber gesungen und weniger straight vorgetragen als die Shows der ersten Vegas-Spielzeit des Jahres oder der März-Tournee. Im Grunde ist diese Veröffentlichung also schon von vornherein, trotz der in der Tat ganz interessanten Setlisten, sehr beschränkt im Potenzial. Hält man sich dazu noch vor Augen welche unfassbaren Klopper sich FTD bei einem, man muss das ohne Polemik so schreiben, Großteil ihrer Soundboard-Veröffentlichungen der letzten Zeit erlaubt hat, dann ist ein Kauf, zumindest ohne seriöse Reviews abzuwarten, sicherlich nicht ratsam.
Letzte Änderung: 12 Jan. 2019 10:41 von Atomic Powered Poster.

Mehr
12 Jan. 2019 10:43 #917636 von DumbAngel
Hier ein paar Infos über die beiden Konzerte. Zu finden auf der immer wieder bemerkenswerten ElvisConcerts Website.

CONCERT DATE: October 2, 1974 (8:30 pm) St. Paul, MN. Civic Center.

Elvis Still Makes 'Em Scream
Mike Sweeney
St Paul Pioneer Press
October 3, 1974

Elvis Presley, noticeably plump in a white jumpsuit with a peacock on the back, rode the nostalgia wave into the St. Paul Civic Center Auditorium Wednesday night.

"This is a huge building," the 39-year-old acknowledged king of '50's rock and roll told some 17,000 fans. "What is this, the Astrodome?"

He began his 50-minute concert with "See See Rider," an early tune that set the pace for the evening.

Elvis' fans, including teeny-bop bubblegummers, middle-aged women with beehive hairdos and grandparents, seemed to love it.

As Elvis took his audience through the 1959s with songs like "I Got A Woman," "Treat Me Like A Fool," "Blue Suedes Shoes" and his trademark "Hound Dog," he periodically bantered with the audience and called twice on backup vocalists.

As his backup groups sang and he wandered the stage talking with the audience. Elvis seemed tired. He looked tired - like a man on the brink of middle-age with an enormous reputation to uphold.

Elvis played his reputation as a hip-swinging, hair-tousled, pout-lipped rock star to the hilt.

The fans loved it, at least those close enough to see clearly, as he shot a hip hither and a shoulder yon to the beat of a drum.

Screams, which marked Elvis' concerts in years gone by, were heard periodically throughout the evening and woman flocked near the stageto catch one of dozen or more silk scarves he intermittently tossed to the audience.

The scarf catchers were an unusual seatterd group of women grasping at a legend.

Twice, Elvis lay or knelt on the stage and briefly kissed two scarf catchers. The second one a young girl politely said. "Thank you"

Elvis' renditions of the upbeat tunes which made him famous like "hound Dog," scored well with the audience as memory grabbers, but lacked the verve and vitality which is why most folks remember them.

His ballads such as "Hawaiian Wedding Song" scored less on the reaction scale, but were delivered better and reminded the audience Elvis can indeed sing a fine song when not image-living

He ended with "Can't Help Falling In Love With You," which brought numerous women to the stage lip, screaming "Elvis!" and reaching to tough his hands .

Elvis gave the audience what it wanted and it appeared appreciative.

After all, as the king himself told his fans after a short explanation at his large rings containing 11 half carat stones: "The reason I'm telling you about these rings is that you help pay for them".

Quelle: www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press164.htm
Fotos: www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/Concert_expand.php?id=837

CONCERT DATE: October 7 1974 (8:30 pm). Wichita KS.

Presley Admirers Love Him True
by Bob Heaton
Wichita Eagle
October 1974

Mr. and Mrs. Willis Bennett came to town from Salina to listen to Elvis Monday night. They didn't have tickets but they came anyhow. "We hoped we'd find someone selling tickets at the Arena," Mrs. Bennett said. They did. By 7 PM, the Bennetts had bought eight tickets for the performance and had resold three of them. "We first found a guy with four tickets," she said. "He wanted $65 for them, take it or leave it. We took it." The tickets originally sold for $10 each. "Then we heard about a guy who had four on the floor of the arena, right up close," Mrs. Bennett continued. "So we bought them and began trying to sell the first four for what we paid." By 7.30 PM, one ticket remained at $16.25.

Elvis' concert at the Henry Levitt Arena at Wichita State University had been sold for weeks prior to Monday's one-nighter. Presley fans began filling the arena for the 8.30 performance about 6.30 PM. An hour before the first drum-roll, traffic was backed up on Hillside from the 21st Street entrance of the arena parking lot all the way to 13th Street on the south.

As is customary with a Presley concert, music lovers were bombarded with memorabilia offers before they could get out of their cars to begin their trek to the arena. Programs were hawked in the parking lot for $2. If that was too steep, Presley buttons, small and large and kingsize, were offered. A wide variety of Elvis posters, showing The Performer in sequins, capes, leotards and perhaps a tutu or two were concurrently hawked.

But the main attraction was The Entertainer. He packed them in. He always does. Mrs. Bennett said she and her husband came to the concert for the benefit of their daughter Terry, 8. "I like him," Mrs. Bennett said, but it is Terry who idolizes the ageless singer. "He's out of sight," Terry sighed. Maybe she didn't realize Elvis probably had charmed her mother in much the same way almost 20 years before.

Quelle: www.elvisconcerts.com/newspapers/press441.htm
Fotos: www.elvisconcerts.com/concerts/Concert_expand.php?id=844
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Alsterläufer, Atomic Powered Poster

• Atomic Powered Poster
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jan. 2019 11:25 #917637 von Atomic Powered Poster
Danke, allerdings wie so häufig bei solchen Berichten ist das wenig aussagekräftig.

• Ronny57
  • Ronny57s Avatar
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jan. 2019 16:51 #917638 von Ronny57
Ist es wirklich von Seiten der FTD -Verantwortlichen notwendig, Konzerte zu veröffentlichen, die nicht vollständig und/oder zusammengesetzt sind ?
Ich habe mir bisher alle Live -FTD zugelegt, überlege aber wirklich, ob ich das in Zukunft noch will. Im allgemeinen meine ich, dass dies auch nicht sehr kommerziell sein kann.

• Atomic Powered Poster
  • Besucher
  • Besucher
12 Jan. 2019 16:57 #917639 von Atomic Powered Poster
Ich finde das auch ungut, zumal hier auch musikalisch / soundtechnisch kaum etwas zu erwarten ist, dass zu Begeisterungsstürmen hinreißen wird. Ist halt eine Veröffentlichung nur für absolute FTD/Konzert-Komplettisten.

Moderatoren: Mike.S.
Die Internetseite verwendet an mehreren Stellen so genannte Cookies. Sie dienen dazu, das Angebot nutzerfreundlicher, effektiver und sicherer zu machen.